America´s Changing Perspective Towards Marijuana
Regardless of how you personally feel about the use of marijuana and whether or not you think it should be legalized. It is still against the law in most jurisdictions and certainly is in Louisiana.
We at Regan Law, P.L.C. have extensive experience representing clients facing charges relating to the use or distribution of Marijuana.
If you or a loved one are facing charges, or an investigation concerning the use or distribution of the drug call us. We are here to help you.
We are including here a recent survey describing how America is changing the way they perceive the use of Marijuana:
A recent by the Pew Research Center finds Americans view on the use of pot is changing. The survey found a broad shift in the public’s views on the nation’s drug policies, with many in favor of shifting the focus of government efforts from prosecution to treatment for use of illicit drugs. The survey also attracted much attention for its findings on attitudes about legalizing marijuana and views of its use. Here are six key facts on public opinion about marijuana:
- Support for marijuana legalization continues to grow.
- Not all groups support legalization.
- About seven-in-ten (69%) Americans believe alcohol is more harmful to a person’s health than marijuana
- 18.9 million Americans 12 or older (7.3%) had used marijuana in the prior month.
- 63% of Americans would be bothered if people did their smoking in public.
- Just two states, Colorado and Washington, have fully legalized marijuana.
Read the entire article: