Medicare Fraud and Medicaid Fraud
Regan Law, P.L.C.., under the leadership of Attorney Martin E. Regan, Jr. has represented health care professionals tangled in Medicare and Medicaid fraud investigations and prosecutions. Attorney Martin E. Regan, Jr. has also represented medical practitioners who have been accused of and/or prosecuted for fraudulent activities with regard to Medicare and Medicaid payments.
Here are some of the more common causes for Medicare and Medicaid investigations and prosecutions:
- Billing for procedures never performed or supplies or equipment never ordered or needed.
- Inflated up-coding designed to inflate medical bills that claim patients require more expensive procedures than those which are actually needed by the patient.
- Distortion or falsification of diagnoses to justify medically unnecessary services or equipment.
- Kickbacks, payments or expensive gifts by pharmaceutical companies or distributors thereof, to physicians, physician practices, or hospitals, in exchange for drug prescription promotion or purchase.
- Referrals by physicians to entities which they own or in which they have a financial stake, but the physician has not disclosed said financial gain.
- Promotion of off-label drugs or medical devices or billing to Medicare Part D for non-medically accepted use.
We Urge to Seek Legal Representation Immediately.
If you or a loved one has been involved in, or has cause to believe the authorities are investigating matters concerning Medicare or Medicaid fraud, contact a local criminal defense attorney before you are interviewed if you can.
Make no mistake: these are extremely serious charges with grave penalties and consequences. Seek legal counsel right away. A skillful attorney can help you navigate the criminal justice system and obtain the best possible outcome in your case.
We at the law firm of Regan Law, P.L.C., can offer you the guidance you need during these difficult times. Our team of experienced attorneys, under the leadership of Attorney Martin E. Regan, Jr. can help you now. Call us.