Weather has been terrible lately, and Driving Condition Difficult.
Weather has been terrible. We have had an unusual winter in Louisiana. Hazardous conditions bring to mind our own lack of experience driving on icy slick roads. It is important that we take extra care when driving on all roads when the weather is bad. Of course, it is always better to stay home if possible, but if you cannot, then use extra care. Remember you have to worry about your driving and about the other guys driving as well.
Roads might be icy and some may be closed due to unsafe icy conditions. Bridges may very well freeze before the roads do, use extra precaution while driving on bridges and overpasses.
Icy conditions may lead to traffic problems, delays and accidents. Furthermore, you don´t want to be stranded in your car for long periods of time with temperatures dropping, especially if you have children in your car.
Try to stay home if possible, if you can´t, observe our safety tips with regards to driving in icy conditions.
- Drive slowly, less than the minimum speed will be fine. Use your safety blinkers if necessary.
- Always maintain your headlines on.
- Make sure your windshield is clean and your wipers are working have good visibility
- Do not speed.
- Using your seat belt is required by law in Louisiana. If conditions are bad then it is also common sense to buckle up.
- Be mindful of the road. Do not get distracted. Keep your eye on the road at all times.
- Do not worry about answering your telephone. Do not text.
- .Do not follow too closely. Remember: you might not be able to control your car on icy road conditions.
- If you skid you might lose control of the car. Apply the brakes ever so gently.
- Cruise control might not be reliable under adverse conditions such as skidding. Do not use your cruise control.
So remember. Even when you are careful and use caution, you may be involved in an accident. You have no control over how others are driving, be careful.
If after using care and driving as carefully as possible, you are still involved in an accident. Call us with any questions you may have regarding the accident.
We Urge to Seek Legal Representation Immediately
If you are involved in an automobile accident call us. If you have been hurt, your injury may have far reaching consequences that may impact your future well being. Furthermore, if you are charged with any violation of the law you may be facing extremely serious charges with grave consequences. You must take quick action. Seek legal counsel right away. A skillful attorney can help you navigate the criminal justice system and obtain the best possible outcome in your case.
We at The Law Firm of Regan Law, P.L.C. can offer you the guidance you need during these difficult times. Our Team of experienced attorneys under the leadership of Attorney Martin E. Regan, Jr. can help you now. Call us.
The Legal Team at Regan Law, P.L.C. offers the client knowledge, skill and experience.
REMEMBER: The Information contained herein is not intended to be legal advice. On the contrary, it is simply an effort to explain the topic in general terms. If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges, call us. We are here to help.
Call for a free INITIAL consultation with a member of our experienced personal injury Team.
I am Attorney Martin E. Regan, Jr. and these are my personal thoughts…